Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Corpsman Cleans Teeth


Wednesday 8 March 1944, 1530 o'clock
Dear Eleanor,
     And another busy day.  I did twenty fillings and a treatment.  I got tired and put my corpsman to work cleaning teeth.  As long as my chair is in use I can take it easy.
     Nothing panned out on the ad I ran. Guess I'll run another for the rest of this week and see what happens.
     Another man, Dr. Matson, who had been here six months got orders to go to Port (I don't know how to spell it) at Oxnard for duty with the Sea Bees.  Things seem to be moving right along.
     Was wakened last night a little after midnight by some dope who had been suffering for three days and "just couldn't wait any longer." You see I stood watch at the clinic.  Earlier in the evening I went to the movies and saw "See Here Private Hargrove." A very amusing picture.
     Dr. Doughty is coming back with me Friday night so maybe we'll leave early.
     The "Padre" was in here trying to convert some of the boys and we had a lot of good natured kidding.
     Adios my Sweet until I phone you tonight.
Love,
Gil

Click the link to see a YouTube video about World War II Dentistry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJLyH0sveNc





        



No comments:

Post a Comment