Sunday, September 13, 2015

No Movies

 Tuesday 14 August 1944, At Sea
Dearest,
     As I sit down to write I find that all I can say is a repetition of what I have said in my earlier letters.  Work, eat, and sleep, with a little recreation in the way checkers, gin rummy, acey ducey, and walking around the deck is a good summary of my daily routine.
     I was a little busier in my office today and saw eight patients.  I also spent about an hour finishing up the cataloging the books in the ship's library.
     Finished a murder mystery last night and am beginning another today.  Movies are not shown at sea as a matter of security.  In case of an emergency it is felt that all the men aboard should not be congregated in one portion of the ship--so no movies.
     It is now almost time for supper so I'm going to shower and change shirts as I've done lots of sweating today.
          I'll see you in my dreams.
Love,
Gil


WWII Propaganda Playing Cards





6 comments:

  1. I never realized that about movies on board ship. But of course it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realized that about movies on board ship. But of course it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the USS Ocelot was not at sea, movies were shown on deck after dark. It didn't matter if it rained, my dad would wear rain gear. My dad mentions what films he saw and comments on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good dental clinic should be well equipped with the latest in technology like Digital X-rays, Intra-oral cameras, microscopes, patient education video and monitors, latest equipment and a good quality dental chair. Dubai Dentist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maintaining a good oral health is very important. However, in maintaining a good set of teeth, it has always been a must to search for the best dental clinic you can find in your area. Family Dentistry in Lake Forest

    ReplyDelete
  6. With no side effects, alternative health care products can help you achieve optimum health with pure, all natural products. what fast food is ok for diabetics

    ReplyDelete