Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Diet


Saturday 26 August 1944
Dearest Eleanor,
     Just received a letter dated the 24th, so mail is not always slow. You ask several questions and here are the answers. I've already written about the last night out in Diego. When I go on liberty here I usually go with the chief engineer "Ambie" Hansen. He's a lot of fun. Forget buying anything for me. I'd rather travel light and if I need anything I'll get it wherever I am. As far as the temple is concerned, do whatever is the most economical and convenient. Of course I want Linda to go to Sunday school. As for visiting Jimmy, I still don't have his address and wrote Libby for it. I'm trying to locate Alvin K. but this place makes the last base I was at a pygmy in comparison. I'm well, and if I had you and the kids with me there isn't a thing more I'd want. So much for that.
     Since I've been aboard I've gained 12 pounds and now I'm going to lose it. Just got a call so will finish later.
     Here I am back again. Yes, I'm on a diet as is Ambie. No bread, butter, cream, sugar, potatoes or dessert. If either of us catches the other cheating for the next week he loses $10.00. Guess I'll get along.
     Liberty has been changed. Instead of being off every other day from 10:30 AM to 10:00 PM, it is now every 3rd day. Guess it could be worse. My next liberty is tomorrow, Sunday, which is a poor day to shop. However next Wednesday I should be able to do lots of spending and will my three girls be surprised.
     Well my Sweet I'm really tired now. I forgot to mention that I worked out with a medicine ball just before I began this letter. So--bye honey till tomorrow. I love you and look forward to the time we'll be together again.

Yours forever,
Gil

Medicine Ball






Medicine Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment