Friday, April 13, 2018

Pearl Harbor--Attacked

Friday 1 September 1944, 9:30 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
censored 
morning. I don't like it but I guess I can stand it if others can. By the time I got squared away it was time for lunch, so I showered and changed. After eating, Graves, Hansen, and I went on liberty.
     We stopped at the hotel taken over by the Navy. I have mentioned it before. We had a few beers. Walked around and window shopped and back for some more beer. Then we had dinner and caught a bus back to the ship. Hansen and Graves have already turned in and I'm going to also. I'll finish this letter in the morning.
     Good night Sweetheart and pleasant dreams.

Love
Gil
Good Morning Honey,
     During the night we were attacked by insects and you should have heard the "bitching" at breakfast. I'm not sure what they were but I think they were mosquitoes. Anyway they bit me here and there and most everywhere except?
     Did you know I've been on a diet? Started last Saturday and during this week I've lost 8-9 pounds. Not bad, eh! I shall stay on a modified diet indefinitely since there isn't much physical activity that I can get into.
     No mail yesterday so I should get some today. Time to go to work and besides there is nothing more I can say so bye darling. I still love and miss you more than ever.

Your one and only,
Gil
P.S. Tell Ruth and Mother and Deb I'll write as soon as there is something to write about.  In the meantime, give them all my love.
Gil

Hotel Taken Over by Navy



No comments:

Post a Comment