Thursday, April 7, 2022

Okinawa--YP238 Surveyed

 Thursday, 8 November 1945, 10:00 PM

Dearest Eleanor,
     Another day with nothing to show for it. Another day wasted. The YP238 was surveyed yesterday. Today their whole crew got orders to return to the United States. We were surveyed about a week ago. All estimates indicate that it'll take a month before we'll be decommissioned and the crew disposed of.
     The movie was "Brewster's Millions." I went to see it again. What else was there to do? I did give dental exams to three officers who were up for promotion but I'm afraid that with a tongue blade and a flashlight, the exams were not very thorough.
     Good night Darling. Though I can't be with you my thoughts are of you all the time.

Love,
Gil

Think Gil meant the YP 289 shown below. There is no YP 238 mentioned in reports about Typhoon Louise.



No comments:

Post a Comment