Monday, April 4, 2022

Okinawa--Eat, Sleep, Read, Play Cards or Checkers

 

U.S.S. OCELOT (IX-110)
c/o Fleet Post Office
San Francisco, California
Wednesday, 7 November 1945, 9:15 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
     Another day to scratch off the calendar. Nothing new to write about. All I've done in the past few weeks is eat, sleep, read, and play cards or checkers. What an exciting routine.
     I picked up a few native souvenirs and will send them home as soon as I can find a suitable box. Won't wait for something to happen causing me to lose them again.
     Again, there was no mail, so there is nothing more to write about. Oh yes, tonight's movie. It was "Mollie and Me" with Gracie Fields and Monty Woolley. Even the second time it was good for a few laughs. Now I am reading "Bahama Passage." That is all for tonight.
     Goodnight Sweetheart I hope I'll have better news for you soon.
Love,
Gil



No comments:

Post a Comment