Monday, April 6, 2015

Free for Nothing


Monday 24 January 1944
 1630 o'clock (4:30 P.M.)
Dearest Eleanor,
     Well--at last I can sit down.  We've really had a busy day today.  I put in twenty-four fillings and most of them were large ones.
     I took my time driving and got in at 7:30 A.M.  The other doctors here say I shouldn't take chances like I am.  If you're late for duty, car trouble is no excuse so I may have to rearrange my schedule.
     There really isn't much I can say.  I worked steadily all day.  Just dozed a little during the noon hour.  I really am sleepy and can't decide whether I should go to the B'nai B'rith meeting tonight.   I'll probably yawn and yawn.  However I shan't decide until after "chow."  Maybe a cup of coffee or two will wake me up?
     How is Norma's cold today?  Is Linda still naggy?  I hope they'll both be good this week.  I talked to the officer at the desk.  Long distance calls are hard to get through unless on official business.  So if you must reach me, you'd better wire instead of phoning.
     Your cookies made a big hit.  There were lots of seconds and thirds and they are practically gone.  I hope this week goes fast so I can get back to my three girls.
Love,
Gil
Note: The Red Cross supplies all this stationery "free for nothing."







No comments:

Post a Comment