Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Replaced Fuse in Long Beach



Monday night
17:30 o'clock (5:30 P.M.)
Dearest,
    Just finished chow.  This is the first free time I've had today.  Been pretty busy.
    When we arrived in San Diego last night, it began to rain, and it was doing quite well by the time we reached the base.  The car really runs swell although a fuse did burn out in Long Beach.  However there was a box of fuses in the car, and I fixed it in a jiffy.
    Applied for my "A" ration and expect to get my book on Wednesday.  Then I'll apply for my "B" book.
    All your cake is gone. There is a steady flow of corpsmen and doctors to my locker where I keep the two boxes of cookies I brought last week.  They are practically gone.
    At 6:15 a few of the doctors are going to the movie," The Phantom Lady" with Franchot Tone.  I don't know what it's about but it'll kill a couple of hours. then a shower and early to bed for a good night's rest.  It was 2:00 A.M. before I got unpacked and into bed this morning.
    I hope you got a decent night's sleep.  Don't worry dear.  Things will work out so that soon we'll have more than just weekends together.
    Kiss Linda and Norma for me.   Until tomorrow I am
Your loving,
Gil







No comments:

Post a Comment