Sunday, April 26, 2015

"Sirs" and "May I"

9 February 1944
1735 o'clock
Dearest Eleanor,
     Another day gone and am I glad.  I had only three patients today and that was enough.  One had five cavities, another three and the last one twelve.  All were from a ship that is leaving tomorrow, and the work had to be done right now.  So, Steingart got the call.
     It began to rain when I left the clinic so I decided not to go downtown. I am going to take in an early show tonight and then I'll probably run down and make the reservation.  They are showing "The Lodger," with George Saunders and Merle Oberon.  I hope it is good.
     I didn't get a letter from you today. Anything new about the equipment?  Be sure to arrange the moving out of the stuff this week.  Store it in Bekins. 
     Things have really been peaceful and quiet here as regards the corpsmen.  A lot of "sirs" and "may I' and "please" today.  I don't think I like it half as well as the way things were.  But this is the Navy.
     Bought a $1.10 box of Schrafft's chocolates for 70 cents and finally got sections for my wallet.
     Nothing new about a place I think I'll do some chasing Friday noon if we have an inspection.  Guess I'll sign off till tomorrow.
Your lover,
Gil

Gil's US Navy Officer Lapel Pin










1 comment:

  1. well so much about your father mate. but i´m the recorded god of the pacific at yusuf saiedi maria himmelfahrt 1980 day of surrender of japan and omar amiri march 11, 1975 piesces 69e.kabul hoden oden stalingrad 1941inferno2010 for 69years and send eye of providence at japan 31111 and noc canada311 for marshal fahim funeral 31114 and amsterdam boatshow 31115. who do you think listened to me while your asses were burning and blistering from all that heat ? quad4noah nuclear security "passau 0213" los angeles213 afghanistan-india bufferzone0510 for bay area 510 area codes california droughts since 1997 false warrants treason charges clinton impeachment texas fires 2011 bbq burning bush. i am the ¥.$. economies and i just don´t know who empowered me or noah or the father of the h-bomb or szilard and all those puzzle wizards...you know...sodom gemorah bamf germany bam iran bnd aceh tsunami...germany april fools hurricane niklas...john paul 2nd april fools...tierschutz is all i was here for. martel poitiers wildlife rescue quad4noah 110afg.blizrd112haiti quake schwarze-nigger terminator 732days for cyberdine deactivation 1997 christian ude buried storm names 2013...operation cannibal 08tunguska08burma08china...omar=ate adolph ! peace pays ! german storms 2012. 300,000 bolts ! laser surgery on paulus & hot hot hoth !

    ReplyDelete