Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Sleep


Wednesday 19 January 1944
1520 o'clock (3:20 P.M.)
Dearest Eleanor,
     Please don't be so impatient.  We'll have lots of time together.  I'm not sure but it looks like the next three weekends are ours from Friday night until Monday morning.
     I've been kept so busy working and getting my papers in order that I haven't had time to leave the base. This morning I received the letter you mailed yesterday. The one you mailed on Monday came this afternoon.  The delay was probably due to the address, but you have the change now.
     Three men were transferred out of here today. A fourth leaves next month. Altogether there are only eleven dentists, so they are going fast.  We'll have to stay put until I get on a permanent basis here.  Right now I am replacing a man who was sent to San Francisco for a week.
     I, too, find it hard going to sleep at night.  By "it" I mean just what you think, but I did sleep better last night than I expected.  If at all possible, I will phone you Thursday between 6:00 and 7:00. Until then with loads of love I am

Your loving,
Gil

Did I give you the phone of the clinic here at the base?  It is Main 1071 Extension 311.  I can't call out but I can be reached if important.  The hours are 8:00 to 12:00 and 1:00 to 5:15.


Envelope from Letter







No comments:

Post a Comment