Thursday, October 6, 2016

Eversharp

Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Monday 19 March 1945, 10:15 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
     Hello Sweetheart, here I am again. This has been one busy day for me and it was almost 4:00 PM before I finally walked out of my office. I didn't see more than twelve patients but believe me there was plenty of work that needed doing. The last time I did as much in one day was when I was a civilian.
     When I left my office it was raining in buckets, as a matter of fact it had been raining most of the afternoon. I was just too busy to notice. I went up to my room and censored a stack of mail and then read for awhile. First thing I knew it was 5:15 and time to shower and dress for dinner.
     After chow I was still a little tired so I relaxed with a book until movie time. Last night's picture was "Address Unknown" with Paul Lucas---one of those propaganda pictures and not very good. Tonight's picture was "Thousands Cheer" with a whole host of stars. The outstanding feature was Jose Iturbi playing the piano. When he broke into boogie woogie even the sailors applauded; it was that good.
     There was no mail again today. They must be filling up a whole sack for me somewhere. Maybe it'll all come tomorrow. 

     I bought a new pen today. The fouled up point on my other pen was beginning to get me down. This pen is one of the new Eversharps with a point similar to the Parker "51". It retails for $12.50 and I bought it for $6.50 at our ship's store.
     Well darling, that is thirty for tonight. Love and kisses to all three of my dears. I'll see you in my dreams.

Devotedly,
Gil


Ad for the Eversharp 





No comments:

Post a Comment