Thursday, October 20, 2016

Pray!

Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Wednesday, 28 March 1945, 7:15 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
     Hello Sweet, here I am again and in much better shape than last night. I hope my letter wasn't too mixed up.
     Today was just an ordinary day. I had my appointments for the morning and was through by 11:30. This afternoon I saw two patients and then made a complete inventory of supplies on hand. We usually carry enough for six months so I had plenty to inventory.
     At 4:00 PM I went to work on another shell necklace. I think these will be much nicer. I should finish it tomorrow and then I'll make a charm bracelet of assorted shells and send them on.
     The mail today was practically barren. Just a Dental Society Bulletin and the B'nai B'rith War Service News.
     The movie tonight is not a very good one but I guess I'll go anyway. It is "Main Street After Dark" with Edward Arnold plus five reels of shorts.
     Scuttlebutt is flying around again and maybe I'll have some good news for you one of these days. Cross your fingers, eyes, legs and everything and pray!
     Gosh Honey there isn't a thing else to say but I don't believe I've told you in the last few days that "I love you and miss you." Well I do dear and just as much as you miss me and love me too, of course.
     Well, guess I'll sign off until tomorrow. Goodnight Honey I'll see you in my dreams.

Love,
Gil

Eleanor



No comments:

Post a Comment