Follow by Email

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Navy Way

Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Monday 9 April 1945, 7:25 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
     Had my usual busy morning but was all secured by 11:15 AM. The mail man brought me a letter from you and one from Dave.
     After lunch I got a boat and went over to a hospital ship to see about some prosthetic treatment for one of my patients. Then I went ashore for a few beers.
     I got back to the ship at 5:45 just in time for dinner. I ate chow, visited with the skipper and here I am.
     Some of my questions of yesterday are now answered. Sorry the Seder was dull. Naturally you'd expect somewhat of a fashion show at the dinner. Betty and Oscar can give each other loving glances but when I get back we'll omit the glances. Is it a deal? OK!
     I'll look for the snaps you mention. I hope there are some of you in the next batch.
     The movie tonight is "The Navy Way" and is supposed to be excellent (I hope).
     I am really slightly high so I'd better sign off. Goodnight my Sweet until tomorrow.

Loving you always,
Your loving husband,
Gil




The skipper of the U.S.S. Ocelot




Watch "The Navy Way" movie on You Tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcNX00vnYU4