Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Arrived

Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Monday 28 May 1945, 10:00 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
     Awoke this morning and the sea was as smooth as glass. Thank goodness it was overcast or this would have been a hot day. As it turned out it was comfortable.
     Took care of several patients this morning and even saw two after lunch. The rest of the day I spent around on deck, the navigation bridge, and the signal bridge.
     The place we are at now should provide a more interesting liberty than our last stopover. Here's hoping.
     The movie tonight was "Crime Incorporated" a new picture and quite good. It starred Leo Carrillo, Martha Tilton and others. We also had a couple of shorts.
     Tomorrow I'm hoping for a big stack of mail. I mustn't be disappointed. Gosh it's been just I few days since I last heard from you and it seems like weeks.
     Nothing more that's new or different. Please don't worry about me. I'm as safe here as I have been ever since I left the states.
     Goodnight Sweet, I'll see you in my dreams. Love and kisses to all my three girls.

Yours as ever,
Gil


Leyte
Mushroom Island







No comments:

Post a Comment