Sunday, January 8, 2017

Don't Worry

Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Wednesday 16 May 1945, 7:00 PM
My Dearest,
     Here I am again. I had my usual busy morning and saw two patients after lunch. I let someone "twist my arm" a little and went ashore this afternoon. We just sat around, drank beer and talked all afternoon. At 4:30 the boat returned for us and we got back to the ship at 5:15. I showered and dressed for dinner and after chow I picked up the enclosed prints. They aren't very good. I hope to have some others in a few days.
     There is nothing new or different going on around here, just the same sixes and sevens. There was no mail again today.

     Speaking of mail I'll repeat myself by telling you not to worry if you don't receive mail for five or six days.  You can draw your own conclusion as to why.
     For a movie tonight we have "Strange Illusion" with James Dunne and others who I can't remember who offhand.
     Have I told you how much I love you, lately? Well how many drops of water are there in the ocean and how many grains of sand are there on the beach? That's how much I love you only more.
     Somebody has a copy of that book you read. It was run in the Post or Collier's. The one that's entitled "Earth and Sky Above" or something like that. Anyway it's about a Jewish attorney who marries a girl of well-to-do society and the complications that ensue. Remember? I'll get hold of it one of these days.
     In the meantime darling Goodnight and pleasant dreams.

I love you,
Gil


Photo Prints of Mog Mog Recreation Island Ulithi 


The Island

Gil


Beer and Cribbage
Gil is the short one.






No comments:

Post a Comment