Saturday, April 15, 2017

Got a Small Tug Boat

Lieut. Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Sunday 29 July 1945, 7:00 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
     Here I am again Sweet. Today was Sunday so I didn't have any scheduled appointments. Instead I wrote four letters this morning and then read in my room until noon.
     After lunch I got a small tug boat. The captain and other officers went ashore with me. We left at 12:30 and got back at 6:00 PM. We had a few beers, walked along the beach and just took it easy. We got back late, but we didn't play cribbage and ate with the first sitting. Now here I am.
     There was no mail today except for a B'nai B'rith Monthly. Mail has been very sporadic all week. I did forget to answer one question so I'll do so now. That information I sent to the Fleet Dental Officer was in response to an article published in an official naval bulletin. However in addition to that I'll send in a request to the Bureau. I'll make that request next month.
     We have what should be a good movie tonight Greer Garson in "Valley of Decision." Last night's movie had Chester Morris in it, not Richard Dix as I had stated. Anyway skip "Rough, Tough and Ready" when it comes around.
     No more for now Honey so I'll say goodnight.
Loving you always,
Gil



A Small Tug Boat
YTL44



No comments:

Post a Comment