Monday, April 24, 2017

High Powered

Lieut. Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Tuesday 7 August 1945, 7:20 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
     Hello my Sweet here is your hubby, just a wee bit tight. I worked all morning as usual. But this afternoon I got lazy and went over to the club with several others. We got back just in time for dinner and now here I am.
     I got two letters today, one from you and the other from my mother. You letter was of the 20th; yesterday's was of the 30th so there isn't anything worth rehashing. I've already done it before.
     We had another officer report in today which makes three new ones in two days. Hope they keep it up and get to me real soon.
     Have you sent the gold braid yet? You never know what'll happen. If you haven't done so, take care of it right away.
     Tonight's movie is another stinkeroo called "High Powered" with god knows who. That is all the news for now so I'll sign off.
     Goodnight Sweetheart, I'll see you in my dreams.

Your lover,
Gil








No comments:

Post a Comment