Friday, September 9, 2016

Dr. Travis

Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Monday, 5 March 1945, 9:50 PM
My Darling,
     How is my Sweet tonight? How's about a kiss? Gee thanks. I'll take a rain check on that one too.
     Had a full morning booked with patients from another ship, but they didn't show so I had the morning to myself. Just chased around doing little things but nothing to talk about.
     After lunch I saw a couple of patients. Then a Dr. Travis from another ship came over. We got a party together and went ashore for a few drinks. We got back to the ship about 5:00 PM feeling pretty good.
     I showered and changed for dinner. I invited the doctor to be my guest but the guy was pretty high and couldn't eat. After chow I took him down to sick bay and got him to take a cold shower and drink some coffee. I tried to get him to stay till morning but he insisted on returning to his ship. So I got a boat and took him back. Returned just in time for movies.
     The picture was a repeat "The Very Thought of You" with Dennis Morgan, but I enjoyed it anyway.
     No mail again today. Guess another stack will accumulate before I receive more. Then I'll have a gala day reading letters from my Sweetheart
     Nothing new or different Honey. I have a big stack of mail to censor as soon as I'm finished here. And then I'm going to bed and dream about us.
     Good night my darling, gosh but I feel loving tonight and not a damn thing I can do about it.

Yours always,
Gil












No comments:

Post a Comment