Monday, July 3, 2017

List of Items Lost

AMERICAN RED CROSS
Saturday, 13 October 1945, 10:30 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
     Here I am again for the second time today. Everyone is making up a list of items lost preparatory to filing claims with our Uncle. I'll get busy myself in a few minutes.
     Went to the movie tonight and saw "Swing Out Sister." We had it on the ship a little while ago, but I got a few laughs out of it anyway.
     I wrote Libby a letter which I'm enclosing because I don't recall her address. Please forward it.
     Good night darling. Hope we get out of here soon.

Love, 
Gil




1 comment:

  1. Fascinating comment. My dad first learned about psychosomatic dentistry during WWII. After he returned to civilian life, he became an expert on the use of hypnotherapy in dentistry. He stopped wearing medical whites and instead wore casual clothing. He decorated his office so that it looked less dental and more homelike.

    ReplyDelete