Thursday, May 21, 2015

A Record


Tuesday 29 February 1944, 1720 o'clock
Dear Eleanor,
     The same routine again today.  Worked all morning, lunch at 1130, volleyball at 1200, back to work at 1300 and plugged away all afternoon.  At 1530, instead of the regular lecture, we were shown pictures of the different types of ships and their armament and a reel on first aid aboard ship.  Went to chow at 1700 and back here at the clinic twenty minutes later to write my daily note to you.
     I got another letter from you today.  That makes three in two days--a record.
     I'm going to go to town tomorrow noon and place an ad for a place to rent.  If there are no results, I'll contact Sipper's friend at the Grant.  Or should I see him right away?  I'll discuss it with you by phone tomorrow.
     Don't know what I'll do tonight.  Saw "Lady and Monster" last night--a very interesting movie but you wouldn't like it.  It is also on tonight.  Taylor and Gilman are going downtown.  I may join them.  I'll see later.
     I really feel good today and hope that you and the kids are O.K. too.  Four more days and I'll be home and this is going to be a hard weekend.
Love,
Gil








No comments:

Post a Comment