Saturday, May 16, 2015

Monotony

     
        Sunday 27 February 1944, 1750 o'clock
Dearest,
     What a day.  First I sat on one chair, then another, on one desk and then a second.  Nothing to break the monotony except chow.
     When I arrived here this morning I changed into my grays and am I glad with all the laying around I've done.  For breakfast I had orange juice, coffee and donuts; lunch--creamed chicken on toast with peas and coffee and ice cream; for dinner baked pork chops (2) with asparagus, small salad, red tart plums and ice cream (both for dessert).
     I read some, did some work on my correspondence course and even took a nap.
     How was your trip home?  Did you find the kids well?  I hope that tickling in your throat was a false alarm and not a cold coming on.  I really feel much better today.  The achiness is gone as is my headache. Now I'm getting drainage from my sinuses.
     Don't forget to write Deb about my leaving Saturday instead of Friday.  It has only been eleven hours since I saw you off and I miss you already.  It's going to be hard to wait 'til Saturday.
          By, my Sweet, 'til tomorrow
Love,
Gil
P.S.  Before the movie this evening, they are having a general service.  I may or may not attend.
Gil


Part of the Insignia from Gil's Officer's Cap





No comments:

Post a Comment