Thursday, February 16, 2017

Devotion

Lt. (j.g.) Gilbert Steingart
U.S.S. Ocelot, F.P.O. San Francisco
Tuesday 12 June 1945, 10:45 PM
My Darling,
     Here I am again Sweet. It has been raining more or less steadily since last night and it certainly has cooled things down. As a matter of fact I had to pull up the top sheet and spread last night to keep warm. Hope it stays this way for awhile.
     This morning was the usual routine of examinations and fillings of teeth. I removed a difficult impaction in less than thirty minutes and was through for the day.
     Late this afternoon, I read a little and then showered and dressed for dinner. After that I played some cribbage until movie time. The picture tonight was excellent. It was "Devotion" with Ida Lupino and Olivia de Havilland and is about the Bronte family of literary fame. Do see it. I know you'll enjoy it.
     There was no mail for me today but I do expect some tomorrow. As I've said before the service out here seems excellent. How fast are my letters reaching you?
     Tomorrow morning I'm getting a boat to take me into town so I can arrange for a USO show aboard ship. I'll probably be gone all morning and maybe even part of the afternoon.
     Nothing more that is new or different to comment on. So I guess I'll sign off.     Goodnight Darling and sweet dreams of the one who loves and misses you more than he's ever said.
Yours alone,
Gil





No comments:

Post a Comment