Sunday, August 20, 2017

Eleven More Days

Misdated--written on Monday 19 November or Tuesday 20th November
Tuesday, 19 November 1945, 8:30 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
     This morning a jeep was available so Leslie and I ran down to the ship. Nothing in particular to do, but we did kill the morning. Covered with dust, we got back at noon. However after a good hot shower and change of clothes I felt fresh and clean again.
     I spent this afternoon just reading magazines and lounging around. Had a few beers before dinner and after chow, we went to the movies. "Dangerous Partners" and a Nazi spy story. Not too good. Now here I am.
     In eleven more days I'll pick up my orders and get underway for home. Once I get my orders, I hope there won't be any delay getting off Okinawa. Most everyone gets transportation within a day or two.
     That is the dope for now. Nothing more to write about. Goodnight Darling and pleasant dreams.

Love,
Gil

The ship--USS Ocelot


Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment