Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Too Many Dental Requests

U.S.S. OCELOT (IX-110)
c/o Fleet Post Office
San Francisco, California
Thursday 30 August 1945, 7:00 PM
Dearest Eleanor,
     Hello Sweet, here I am again. It was close to morning when we got back from the beach last night. I was fairly sober and after a good night's sleep I feel swell.
     This morning was the usual busy one with more requests for dental treatment than I could possibly handle. I take as many as I can and refer the others to nearby ships. This afternoon we had a series of drills: fire, abandon ship, and general quarters. Then back to my room I went. "Sodom by the Sea" is quite an interesting history of Coney Island and I'm enjoying reading it. At 5:00 PM I showered and dressed for dinner. After a delicious chicken dinner here I am.
     I got one letter from you today and it is postmarked the 18th, two days prior to the ones I received two days ago. I'm sorry you don't like the set up there. You sound sorry you went but I'm sure after a few days you'll get used to it and enjoy your stay. I figured you'd be nervous making the move by yourself which was why I suggested, when your plans got fouled up, that you stay home. Anyway by now you should be over your nerves and with a little company I'm sure everything will work out okay. Cedar Glenn is where we rented the Rausch House. Yes I do remember that vacation. A wonderful weekend, that is all it really was.
     The location opposite the Board of Education on 6th Street sounds okay but I bet the property is high. You can investigate it when you get home but don't do anything in a hurry.
     Tonight's movie is a real oldie, "Hurricane" with Dorothy Lamour and Jon Hall. Remember it?
     No more for now Darling. So good night and pleasant vacation.
Love
Gil

U.S.S. Ocelot






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post and great tips..even I also think that hard work is the most important aspect of getting success.. dental implants Milton Keynes

    ReplyDelete